Pedestrian and equestrian hiking in Morocco Mountain Toubkal Mountains Loop 02/03 days (02 days walking)
À partir de 74.54 € par personne
Marrakech - Imlil - Toubkal Refuge
After a transfer to Imlil Village, we begin our trek. Heading along the Ait Mizane Valley, we first pass through the village of Aremd and then onto the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch. We then continue east and by crossing the flood plains our route takes us along mule tracks and up into the high rocky cliffs above the valley. Crossing the river we eventually come to the pastoral shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims. From here the trail continues to climb steadily, snaking and zigzagging its way up to the snowline and the Toukbal Refuge (3206m), our stop for the night. Approx. 4 to 5hrs walking.
Toubkal Refuge - Summit - Refuge - Imlil.
Early in the morning, we make our attempt at the summit of Jebel Toukbal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Our route takes us up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make the going quite difficult in parts. The views along the way make the journey more than worthwhile. When you reach the summit you will see that the vistas across the surrounding landscape are quite breathtaking. From here there are unrestricted views in every direction, from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara. We will retrace our steps when we return down the mountain and head back towards Imlil.
Important: Lodges and refuges are not available in certain places in this itinerary.
N.B: Conditions for families: Not available for this tour
- Child under 06 years: free of charge (maximum 01 children only for 01 families & per group).
- Child from 06 to 12 years 25% discount (maximum 01 children only for 01 family & per group).
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Transfers between airport and hotel (Arrival and departure).
- Road transfer with minibusses (6, 8, 10, 14, 14, 16, and 18 seats), equipped with A/C, from Marrakech to Trekking departure point and return.
- 02 days hiking in the Toubkal mountains.
- 01 night in Lodge or under tents in Toubkal refuge.
- Individual tents and mattresses were provided for trekking.
- Kitchen tent and equipment + restaurant tent provided for trekking.
- All meals during the Trekking days from the lunch of the 1stday till the lunch of the 2ndday.
- Mules services, a mule for two hikers (in case of 02 or 03 hikers we provide 02 mules for heavy luggage).
- English speaking Guide.
- Insurances from Maroc Horizon d’Aventures (Travel agency agreement from the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism).
- Transport Insurances from (Touristic transportation agreement from the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Transportations).
- All Taxes.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Ticket flights.
- Lunches in cities and during the transfers (We propose you the lunches on the road in Ouarzazate city or other villages/cities with 8€/person including the Salad, Tajin or brochette of chicken or meat and dessert, your guide can advise you and book for you).
- Drinks during all meals in trekking and stays (It's possible to ask your guide where to buy water, on the road or path, in village's shops, in the supermarket, not to buy a lot of water for heavyweight for mules or Dromedaries) You can find it in the refuge.
- Repatriation Insurances.
- Traditional tips.
THE LEVEL OF THE EXCURSION
It is about a Trek without notable technical difficulty. It is necessary to be in the good physical condition and to be able to go 5 to 8, each day, with a studied rhythm from your guide. We have stopped all the walking paths, with 01H30 to 02H00 in midday for rest and lunch pause.
There is always a light back bag where to take a minimum of daily needs (gourd or bottle of water, food of race, camera…). All the luggage and food are transported by mules. When a medical problem (distortion for example), it is always possible to call upon an extra mule. However, it should be known that the ground is not flat, that it is necessary sometimes to go up to climb a collar, that you will find certain stages a little long… In short, you will have physical feelings, it is certain, and it is necessary to have the desire and the spirit to hike and walk in mountains.
The itinerary indicated will be able to undergo modifications imposed by the mean level of walking of the group, or by the climatic conditions.
EQUIPMENT TO PROVIDE
Sleeping bag, a large bag with zippers for clothing (not too many clothes in order not too tired mules/dromedaries or car, just needed to change during the trip), warm clothes for cool nights, a small backpack without a frame for affairs’ day, walking shoes or sneakers, sandals for camp or/and walking in water, windbreaker, raincoat, polar, personal medication, water bottle (1 liter or 2 liters) or water purification tablets or buy mineral water in villages, sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses, hat or Chech, camera photo/video, a torch (frontal), spare batteries, toiletry, and other personal belongings.
DONATIONS TO THE TEAM
You can expect in your carry the things you no longer use or those that you will use for the last time during this trip use: old clothes, drugs, Torch, Shoes, Clothing-Children, toys...
At the end of the journey, these gifts make very happy members of your team and also their families. Feel free to think.
Optional services in Marrakech, Essaouira and Agadir
Supreme ** Beauty 'duration 02h00 35 € / pers.
+ Purity Scrub.
+ Wrap Ghassoul (white clay) and argan oil.
+ Scrub and foot massage in the traditional method.
+ Facial argan.
+ Massage with Argan oil.
+ Herbal tea or Moroccan.
Optional dinner in Marrakech
Dinner with Fantazia in the restaurant "Chez Ali" at 40 € / person, transfers included.
Dinner of thousand and one night under the “Caïdal” tents, as in the days of the great kings of Morocco.
A show of 04 hours (8:00 p.m. to 0:00) will take you further into the bottom culture of the mountains and the Sahara areas, illustrated by twenty Moroccan art-folk troops in addition to a horse racing show in the old way. Acrobats and belly dancers decorate the show.
Dinner consists of Moroccan Soup, ½ sheep grilled under a natural fire, Couscous with 7 vegetables with chicken, season’s fruits, tea, and Moroccan pastries.