hiking In the land of almond and argan Through Targua n Toshka - Ait Iften 04 days 03nights with 2 days walk
This tour takes place between September and April, but the best time to admire the beautiful landscape of almond flowers on a background of pink granite mineral remains the months of January, February and March (it’s spring in Anti-Atlas). On the trails of the Anti Atlas and the Jebel Bani Tafraoute you will discover villages suspended above the almond fields (bloom from mid-January to mid-March, depending on the climate of the year), with the beauty of Jebel Lekst (2359m altitude ascent optional) and pink granite foothills of the valley of Ait Moussa to deep gorges.
Carrying your luggage, food and all the necessary logistics for this hike is provided by a local truck vehicle, mules become no-existing because of dryness and exodus, but drinking water points are abundant in this area.
Day 1: Home – Agadir (Marrakech) – Targua-n-nTouchka.
Welcome at the airport and immediate departure to Ait Baha. Lunch and continuation to the starting point of the hiking. Bivouac.
Road time: 3:30 drive.
Bivouac Targa N'Touchka 500 m.
Day 2: Targa N'Touchka - Village Imzi.
From Targa N’Touchka, crossing a mountain valley. Camp at Imzi way
Duration: 4 hours walk / altitude positive 800m and negative 150m.
Day 3: Imzi Village – Tagdicht -Agadir.
We cross gorges and reach the beautiful village of Tagdichte to 1250 m, beautiful view on the entire massif.
Duration: 4 hours walk / altitude positive 600m and negative 00m.
Accommodation in hotel. Dinner.
Day 4: Agadir or Marrakech / Home.
Free time in hotel, beach or Souk, then transfer to the airport for departure.
Assistance Morocco Horizon Adventures.
End of services
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Transfers between the airport and the hotel ( Arrival and departure);
- Road transfers Mercedes (4 places), 4X4 (6 seats) or minibus (9 seats) or between MARRAKECH or AGADIR and the departure of the Trek ( All our vehicles are air conditioned and insured);
- 01 night in 3 * hotel with half-board or MARRAKECHor AGADIR;
- 01 or 02 nights lodging at the inhabitant hiking (if needed in case of bad weather during the TREK);
- 02 nights under tents, lodge by inhabitant or nomadic hiking tents;
- Tents and mattresses (individual tents + foam mattresses and tents masses);
- All meals during the trek;
- Services van for luggage;
- Berber speaking guide during the tour guide ;
- All taxes included.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flights ;
- The lunch at road transfers between Marrakech or Agadir and the beginning of the hiking : 1st day and the 3rd day ;
- Drinks (can be purchased in cities or en route and in the villages visited, your guide will inform you of places ) ;
- The repatriation insurance ;
- The traditional tips to the team : Guide , cook and driver .
THE LEVEL OF HIKING
It is a hike without significant technical difficulties. Must be in good physical condition and be able to walk 5-6 hours each day with a leisurely pace. We have between 1:30 to 2:00 hours rest at midday for lunch and rest.
We always have a light backpack with minimum of needs (water bottle, sweeties, biscuits, camera ...). All the luggage and food are transported by truck. If a medical problem (distortion for example), it is still possible to use the van. However, be aware that the ground is not always flat, sometimes it takes up to climb a mountain and a hill ; you will find some steps a little long ... In short, you will experience physical sensations , for sure , and it must have the desire and spirit and love of hiking and mountain Berber life .
The route indicated may undergo modifications imposed by the level of the group, or by the weather (rain or snow).
EQUIPMENT TO PROVIDE
Sleeping bag, a large bag for clothes ( not too many clothes , not tired camels , just needed to change during the trip, possibility to leave luggage at the hotel for the return), a small bag back for the day, walking shoes, hat or Chech, sport shoes, sandals for the bivouac, Kwe, polar, personal medication, water bottle (1 liter or 2 liters), water purification tablets, sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses, hat, camera, a torch (frontal), spare batteries, toilet bag and other personal needs.